and how it helps your business grow
Website Marketing is what every company should be doing to grow their business. The Internet has fundamentally changed nearly every aspect of our lives. From how we interact with friends, family, co-workers, and businesses, a technology that was in its infancy just 20 years ago is now considered indispensable to many people.
Companies understand the value that the Internet offers to them that’s why they take advantage of Website Marketing which provides interactive opportunities to connect with current customers and attract new consumers. As the Internet evolves, businesses will continue to refine their online marketing efforts, reaching a greater number of potential buyers than before.
What is Website Marketing?
Website marketing refers to a broad category of advertising that takes many different forms, but generally involves any marketing activity conducted online.
Marketers have shifted their efforts online because it tends to be significantly less expensive. Many online advertising spaces are free to use. Through website marketing, companies can upload videos to YouTube or start a blog for no cost at all. Other outlets like official websites or paid search marketing cost a fraction of what a major television advertising campaign would.
Website Marketing also presents exciting new opportunities for companies to profile their customers. The interactive space of the Internet simplifies a company’s ability to track, store, and analyse data about a customer’s demographics, personal preferences, and online behaviour. This data allows the advertiser to provide a more personalized and relevant ad experience for the customer.
Types of Website Marketing:
- Display Advertising – The use of banner ads and other graphical advertisements to market products online.
- Search Engine Marketing – Using search engines to help connect users with the products and services they are most interested in. Companies can pay to receive preferential ranking in a list of search results.
- Search Engine Optimization – A free and organic way for companies to improve their visibility on search engines.
- Social Media Marketing – Using sites like Facebook and Twitter to connect with customers.
- Email Marketing – Communicating with customers through the use of carefully designed emails.
- Referral Marketing – Using internet channels to encourage consumers to recommend products to their friends and families.
- Affiliate Marketing – Working with other businesses to make it easier for consumers to shop for products online.
- Inbound Marketing – Boosting the value of a company’s web presence by adding unique content like blogs, games, and tutorial videos.
- Video Marketing – Using web videos for promotional purposes.