What is Local SEO?
Local SEO is one way of marketing your business online. More specifically, it’s the process of optimizing your online presence on search engines such as Google. This is because millions and millions of people are using search engines like Google every day to find the businesses that suit their needs. In fact, Google gets about 40,000 searches a second. Therefore, your goal as a business owner is to have your business rank as high as possible in the search results of these users. That way, your business has a better chance of being seen, which means more customers and more profit.
Here are 10 facts about local SEO
- Almost half of all Google searches are for local businesses.
- 60% of adults use their mobile devices and their tablets to search for local products and services.
- 87% of people with smartphones use a search engine at least once a day.
- A little over 70% of people feel the need to search for local businesses online before actually going to them.
- 50% of people using their mobile devices as a search tool are looking for business information like a phone number or address.
- 68% are people searching for businesses use the directions or phone number provided by the website.
- 1 in 3 mobile searches take place right before someone goes to a store.
- 18% of local searches on smartphones lead to a sale within a day.
- 78% of local smartphone or tablet searches will result in an online purchase.
- 15% of in-store actions involve people searching for information on a product or price.