Why do authors need websites?
Having a good author website is still important even in 2019. To answer the question, as an author you need a website simply because they give authors credibility and act as their home on the web, directing information-seekers to where they can buy the book, connect with the author on social media, or book the author for a speaking engagement.
The best thing about having an author website is that you can sell your book online easy on your site. Bizzexpose designs best websites using the following tips for the authors.
Studies show that most visitors are mobile devices such as phones and tablets. Therefore, when creating a new website, we always consider making one that is responsive and mobile friendly. Responsive websites detect the size of the visitor’s device and adjust the layout and navigation, so it is easy to read.
Multiple purchase links
While it’s tempting to keep things simple with just a few retailer links on your site, keep in mind that retailers are likely to check out your website before your book goes on sale. Link to all major retailers plus any specialty retailers you know will carry your book, in order to encourage them to carry more inventory of your title.
Keep It Clean
Don’t clutter up your home page or other pages with unnecessary information and graphics. Think of “white space” as a design element in your website and make sure your website is visually appealing.
We always make sure that your website has “social share buttons” that go with each post, book title, or page on your website. This allows readers and others a quick way to share your book, blog post, or other information on sites like Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. Give us a call today on 0312691190 or ask for a quote
What Does a 5 Page Website Come With:
- 5 Page Website
- Custom Design
- Contact Form
- Links to Social Media
- Mobile Friendly
- Gallery with 18 Images
- Slide Show
Pages We Recommend:
- Home: A great way to welcome potential clients to your website. Tell them why they should do business with your company.
- Services/Products: A list of services your company provides.
- Gallery: Show the world your beautiful products.
- Testimonials: What your current clients have to say about you.
- Contact Us: The best way for potential client to contact your company
What We Require from You to Build Your Website:
- 10 pictures, these could be pictures of your products, services, staff, premises etc.
- Content about your company, products and services, contact details etc. – similar to your company profile.
- A company logo in high resolution
- 18 images for your gallery
- Your suggested domain name (website address, which is dependent on availability).
- Few keywords (that you think potential clients will input in search engines like Google, to find your service offerings).
The Website Process:
- We will require your website content, a few images and company logo in high res.
- We then begin the design process, develop your website and add in your content.
- Lastly, we will test your website functionality, across browser compatibility and once complete we send you your website link to view.
Ps: your website should be live within a week once we receive all your information.