With approximately 27 million pieces of content being shared daily it is becoming increasingly difficult to stand out from the crowd. By creating authentic and bespoke content, tailored to your audiences’ interests, you can amplify your brand message whilst ensuring that you are increasing your SEO visibility and supporting your overarching digital strategy.
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.
Instead of pitching your products or services, you are providing truly relevant and useful content to your prospects and customers to help them solve their issues.
Great content is engaging, original, shareable and likeable (and probably many other things), but for maximum impact online it also needs to be part of a plan.
Content marketing is used by leading brands
Annual research shows most marketers are using content marketing. In fact, it is used by many prominent organizations in the world, including P&G, Microsoft, Cisco Systems, and John Deere. It’s also developed and executed by small businesses and one-person shops around the globe. Why? Because it works
Content marketing is good for your bottom line — and your customers
Specifically, there are three key reasons — and benefits — for enterprises that use content marketing:
- Increased sales
- Cost savings
- Better customers who have more loyalty
Marketing is impossible without great content
Regardless of what type of marketing tactics you use, content marketing should be part of your process, not something separate. Quality content is part of all forms of marketing:
- Social media marketing: Content marketing strategy comes before your social media strategy.
- SEO: Search engines reward businesses that publish quality, consistent content.
- PR: Successful PR strategies address issues readers care about, not their business.
- PPC: For PPC to work, you need great content behind it.
- Inbound marketing: Content is key to driving inbound traffic and leads.
- Content strategy: Content strategy is part of most content marketing strategies.