On Page SEO Techniques or On-Site SEO is the practice of optimizing elements on the website in order to rank higher and to earn a good traffic from search engine.
The fundamental goal of On-site SEO is to make a page useful for both search engine and users.
On page SEO activities include using keywords in right place and in density, usage of internal links, meta tags, taking care of image SEO etc. Here let us look at the best on-page SEO techniques to be implemented in detail to attain a good ranking.
ON PAGE SEO TECHNIQUES
• In-depth Content: Content must be thorough to attain a good ranking. Google Panda update was to eliminate thin content.
• Convenience: Google checks the content to know whether it is readable? Is it organized or not?
• Exclusive: The content in the page must be unique and properly addressed.
• Credible & Definitive: Checks whether your content is good enough to read and does it provide the information that the user queries for.
KEYWORD AGNOSTIC ON-PAGE SEO TECHNIQUES
1. Links used in the Page
It is a very important aspect of on-site SEO. Whether the link is external or internal? How many links are there? Let’s look what is an internal as well as external links?
Internal Links are the links that point at the same domain that the links exist on. While External Links point at any domain other than the source link.
Why External Links so important?
• It is the most important source of ranking power.
• These links pass equity differently than internal links. Since search engine listens what others say about you.
2. Page Load Speed
Page load speed is a measurement of how fast the content on your page loads. It is described either in “page load time” or “time to the first byte”. Your page load can be evaluated using Google’s Page Speed Insights.
3. Handling of Schema.org structured data or other mark-ups.
Schema.org is semantic vocabulary that you can add to the HTML to represent your page in SERPs. Structured data contains the pair of a name with a value which helps search engine in categorizing and indexing your content.
4. Page URL Structure
It must be shorter than 2083 characters. It must be simple and relevant. Use hyphens to separate words. Always use lowercase letters for URL.
5. Mobile Friendliness
By doing this we ensure that visitors who access your site from mobile devices have an experience optimized for their specific device. It is best to adopt the responsive design for the sites which serves the same content to mobile and desktop users.
6. Page MetadataIt describes the page content. Let’s have glance through the metadata.
• Meta keywords attribute – keyword relevant to your page.
• Title tags – text that appears at the top of the browser.
• Meta description attribute – a brief description of the page.
• Meta robots attribute – you are telling the search engine what to do with your pages.
• Index/no index – tells search engines whether to show your page or not.
• Follow/no follow – tells the search engine what to do with the links on your pages.
ON PAGE SEO RANKING FACTORS
1. Content of Page: Good content has demand since it provides relevant information.
2. Title Tag must contain 50 to 60 characters. Try to put the keyword first. Also add modifiers to your title like best, 2018, review etc.
3. Use SEO friendly URL.
4. Fascinate with multimedia images: Inclusion of images reduces bounce rate and it also boosts user-interaction signals.
5. Use the keyword in first 100 words.
6. Use internal and external links.
7. Apply LSI keyword – To understand about a particular query Google looks at LSI keywords or synonyms of the searched keyword. LSI stands for latent semantic indexing.
8. Image Optimization: Include targeting keyword in the image file name and also in the alt text. To write good alt text keep the tips given below in mind. Describe the image as clearly as possible and keep it short also, use the focusing keyword in it.
Hope you all get a small idea of the On Page Optimization techniques and its ranking factors.